Kerry Way Mountaineer – Five days walking from Killarney to Glenbeigh
- Four nights’ accommodation with private bathroom in charming guesthouses along the Kerry Way.
- Private transfer from either Kerry airport or Killarney train or bus station to your first guesthouse.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Packed lunch for each days hike.
- Dinner on two evenings (in Black Valley and Glencar).
- We can cater for many dietary requirements (eg. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, no meat, no dairy).
- Luggage transfer between your guesthouse each day.
- Any pickups or transfers required during each days hike (eg. Poor weather, tiredness or injury).
- Use of cell phone with the best coverage on the Kerry Way to contact us at any time.
- Laminated walking notes, full route descriptions, diagrams, guidebooks and maps provided
- Use of walking poles if required.
- Private transfer on the final day from your guesthouse to Kerry Airport or Killarney train or bus station.
- Recommendations on the best places to visit, eat and drink each day along the Dingle Way.
- Our full backup and support during your walking holiday.
Day One: Arrival at Killarney (optional 8-13km National Park, Ross Castle and Miners Way walk)
We’ll meet you at Kerry Airport or Killarney train station and take you to your first guesthouse in Killarney. After you’ve had the chance to settle in you can enjoy a 8-13km walk through the national park to Ross Castle where you join the Miners Way. Afterwards a short stroll brings you back to your guesthouse. Killarney is the gateway town for the Kerry Way so tonight there are many great pubs and restaurants within 5 minutes walk of your guesthouse.
Day Two: Killarney to the Black Valley (22km, 310m ascent)
The following day begins the Kerry Way proper. Today’s walk takes you back through the National Park passing Muckross House, the Lakes, Torc Waterfall then ascending to the old Kenmare road. A wonderful sense of peaceful isolation as you make your way west towards Galway’s Bridge and along the shores of the most southerly shores of the Killarney Lakes. After passing you begin to ascend towards the Black Valley and your guesthouse for the night. There are no restaurants or pubs in the Black Valley so dinner is in your guesthouse tonight.
Day Three: Black Valley to Bridia Valley (12km, 270m ascent)
Today’s walk is shorter than yesterday but offers an unbeatable route through the heart of the Black Valley. After passing the local church and small shop the off road road passes by some stunning lakes, rivers and waterfalls before reaching the end of the valley. Here the trail climbs over the pass and on a clear day the views over the Bridia Valley could bring a tear to your eye. Descending slowly you reach the Valley floor and shortly afterwards you come to your guesthouse for the night, a magical place we think you’ll agree. There are no pubs or restaurants locally so dinner tonight is with your delightful hosts.
Day Four: Bridia Valley to Glenbeigh (24km, 550m ascent)
Today ‘s hike begins with a steep climb out of the Bridia Valley up onto the col where you can enjoy magnificent views of the Western Reeks, Lough Acoose and the mountains of Dingle to the north. The way continues onto Glencar where you can stop for a drink in the famous Climbers Inn. Beyond Glencar you are spoiled with stunning views over Caragh Lake and over Glenbeigh and Dingle Bay. A beautiful day that takes you to the coastal village of Glenbeigh with its lively pubs and nearby beaches.
Day Five: Rossbeigh beach walk (10km, 10m ascent) and departure
Depending on your departure time, you can enjoy a morning walk from Glenbeigh down to Rossbeigh Beach. This is a beautiful stretch of coastline and as you walk out onto the beach you are rewarded with spectacular views of both the Iveragh and Dingle peninsula. Whatever time your connection is our driver will come and collect you from your guesthouse and bring you to either Kerry Airport or Killarney Train or Bus Station.
Booking and Rates
The price for the trip is 545 euros per person sharing (Ask us if you need the price quoted in your own currency).
There is a supplement of 189€ for individual travellers.
For groups of two or more requiring a single room there is a supplement of 129€.
Additional nights can be arranged at Killarney, Glencar or Glenbeigh.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need any further information.