Kerry Way Rambler – Six days walking from Killarney to Glenbeigh
- Five nights’ accommodation with private bathroom in charming guesthouses along the Kerry Way.
- Private transfer from either Kerry Airport or Killarney train or bus station to your first guesthouse.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Packed lunch for each days hike.
- Dinner on two of the evenings (Black Valley and Glencar).
- We can cater for many dietary requirements (eg. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, no meat, no dairy).
- Luggage transfer between your guesthouse each day.
- Any pickups or transfers required during each days hike (eg. Poor weather, tiredness or injury).
- Use of cell phone with the best coverage on the Kerry Way to contact us at any time.
- A set of our latest laminated walking notes for your route.
- Weatherproof maps.
- Kerry Way guidebook.
- Use of walking poles if required.
- Private transfer on the final day from your guesthouse to Kerry Airport or Killarney train or bus station.
- Recommendations on the best places to visit, eat and drink each day along the Kerry Way.
- Our full backup and support during your walking holiday.
Day One: Arrive at Killarney (Circular 8-13km National Park, Ross Castle and Miners Way Walk)
We’ll meet you at Kerry Airport or Killarney train station and take you to your first guesthouse in Killarney. After you’ve had the chance to settle in you can enjoy a 8-13km walk through the national park to Ross Castle where you join the Miners Way. If you have time you could also enjoy a cruise out on the lakes on one of the many boat moored at Ross Castle. Afterwards a short stroll brings you back to your guesthouse. Killarney is the gateway town for the Kerry Way so tonight there are many great pubs and restaurants within 5 minutes walk of your guesthouse.
Day Two: Killarney to Muckross (14km, 170m ascent)
The following day begins the Kerry Way proper. Today’s walk takes you on of Killarney across the River Flesk and into the national park to enjoy Muckross House and Gardens as well as the many lakes, Dinis Cottage and Torc Waterfall. It really is a beautiful setting and one of the highlights of any visit to Ireland. Tonight’s guesthouse is in a beautiful rural setting just back from the national park and there is a great local pub and restaurant serving the good local fare.
Day Three: Muckross to the Black Valley (16km, 310m ascent)
The following day begins the Kerry Way proper. Today’s walk takes you back through the National Park above Torc Waterfall then ascending to the old Kenmare road. A wonderful sense of peaceful isolation as you make your way west towards Galway’s Bridge and along the shores of the most southerly shores of the Killarney Lakes. After passing you begin to ascend towards the Black Valley and your guesthouse for the night. There are no restaurants or pubs in the Black Valley so dinner is in your guesthouse tonight.
Day Four: Black Valley to Bridia Valley (12km, 270m ascent)
Day Five: Bridia Valley to Glenbeigh (13km, 250m ascent or 24km, 550m ascent)
The first section of today’s hike is relatively challenging so for those who prefer we offer the choice of transport to the Climber’s Inn, Glencar thus shortening the hike to 13km.
Today‘s hike begins with a steep climb out of the Bridia Valley up onto the col where you can enjoy magnificent views of the Western Reeks, Lough Acoose and the mountains of Dingle to the north. The way continues onto Glencar where you can stop for a drink in the famous Climbers Inn. Beyond Glencar you are spoiled with stunning views over Caragh Lake and over Glenbeigh and Dingle Bay. A beautiful day that takes you to the coastal village of Glenbeigh with its lively pubs and nearby beaches.
Day Six: Rossbeigh beach walk (10km) and departure
Depending on your departure time, you can enjoy a morning walk from Glenbeigh down to Rossbeigh Beach. This is a beautiful stretch of coastline and as you walk out onto the beach you are rewarded with spectacular views of both the Iveragh and Dingle peninsula. Whatever time your connection is our driver will come and collect you from your guesthouse and bring you to either Kerry Airport or Killarney Train or Bus Station.
Booking and Rates
The price for the trip is 635 euros per person sharing (Ask us if you need the price quoted in your own currency).
There is a supplement of 219€ for individual travellers.
For groups of two or more requiring a single room there is a supplement of 155€.
Additional nights can be arranged at Killarney, Glencar or Glenbeigh.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need any further information.