Four Days along the Wicklow Way – Enniskerry to Glendalough
- Three nights’ accommodation with private bathroom in charming guesthouses along the Wicklow Way.
- Private transfer from either Dublin Airport or Dublin City to your first guesthouse.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Packed lunch for each days hike.
- We can cater for many dietary requirements (eg. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, no meat, no dairy).
- Luggage transfer between your guesthouse each day.
- Any pickups or transfers required during each days hike (eg. Poor weather, tiredness or injury).
- Use of cell phone with the best coverage on the Wicklow Way to contact us at any time.
- A set of our latest laminated walking notes for your route.
- Weatherproof maps.
- Wicklow Way guidebook.
- Use of walking poles if required.
- Private transfer on the final day from your guesthouse to Rathdrum train station for the train to Dublin.
- Recommendations on the best places to visit, eat and drink each day along the Wicklow Way.
- Our full backup and support during your walking holiday.
Day One: Arrival (optional 5km forest walk and 3km walk to Powerscourt House and Gardens)
We’ll meet you at Dublin airport and bring you down to Wicklow and your first night’s accommodation. Enniskerry is a charming little village and is home to Powerscourt House and Gardens, considered one of Europe’s finest house and gardens. A gentle walk to Knocksink forest should help warm you up for the first stage of the Wicklow Way tomorrow. There is a good choice of pubs and restaurants in the village.
Day Two: Enniskerry to Roundwood (19km, 600m ascent)
The following day begins the Wicklow way proper. Today’s walk will delight the senses with breathtaking views of North Wicklow. Ascending over Crone Mountain you descend into the “secret valley” before skirting Djouce and White Hill with its delightful views over Lough Tay. Tonight we stay near Roundwood, a charming village with a great selection of places to eat and drink. Today’s walk should take about five hours including stops.
Day Three: Roundwood to Glendalough (10km, 250m ascent)
After breakfast you begin to make your way towards Glendalough. After an hour from your guesthouse we start to ascend Paddock Hill and are treated to a stunning view over Laragh and towards Glendalough. Traversing the base of Brockagh we arrive in Glendalough. Our accommodation here tonight is uniquely located. It is very peaceful and you really feel in the heart of the Wicklow Mountains. Glendalough has an upper and lower lake and the upper lake has a spiritual quality that is appreciated by many visitors. The walk from Roundwood takes about 3 hours leaving you with plenty of time to enjoy the scenic surroundings, the visitors centre, take a stroll along the lower lake or head up to Laragh’s craft shops and great pub. There are plenty of places to dine in the area.
Day Four: Glendalough Circular Walk and Departure (11km, 300m ascent)
Take your time after breakfast to further explore the Glendalough Valley. We have designed a short half day walk starting at the guesthouse. Whenever you wish, we will come and collect you and bring you to Rathdrum train station where you can take the train north back towards Dublin or south towards Rosslare or Wexford. If you are headed to Dublin, we would be delighted to advise on places to stay, eat and visit.
Booking and Rates
The price for the trip is 395 Euros per person sharing.
Please ask us if you need the price quoted in your own currency.
There is a supplement of 129€ for individual travellers.
For groups of two or more requiring a single room there is a supplement of 25€ per night.
Additional nights can be arranged at either Enniskerry, Roundwood or Glendalough.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need any further information.