Five Days along the Dingle Way – The Gaeltacht from Dingle to Brandon Bay
- Four nights’ accommodation with private bathroom in charming guesthouses along the Dingle Way.
- Private transfer from either Kerry Airport or Tralee train or bus station to your first guesthouse.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Packed lunch for each days hike.
- Dinner on one evening
- We can cater for many dietary requirements (eg. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, no meat, no dairy).
- Luggage transfer between your guesthouse each day.
- Any pickups or transfers required during each days hike (eg. Poor weather, tiredness or injury).
- Use of cell phone with the best coverage on the Dingle Way to contact us at any time.
- A set of our latest waterproof walking notes for your route.
- Detailed hiking maps.
- Dingle Way guidebook.
- Use of walking poles if required.
- Private transfer on the final day from your guesthouse to either Kerry Airport or Tralee train or bus station.
- Recommendations on the best places to visit, eat and drink each day along the Dingle Way.
- Our full backup and support during your walking holiday.
Day One: Arrival and Dingle Loop Walk (9km, ascent 50m)
We’ll meet you at either Kerry Airport or Tralee Train Station and bring you to your first night’s accommodation in Dingle. Dingle, is one of the most beloved towns in Ireland. Set in a natural harbour this sheltered bay is blessed by the some of the best food, live music and artisan shops to be had in the west. Located in the Gaeltacht, (Irish is the first language here although everyone also speaks English), it offers a unique taste of old Ireland while also being a progressive artistic centre. Dingle is also a lively fishing village and there is also a thriving traditional music scene, with bands playing nightly in the local pubs. You can enjoy a local circular walk along Dingle Bay to stretch your legs before starting the Dingle Way proper tomorrow. Your guesthouse is within 5 minutes walk of all the village amenities.
Day Two: Dingle to Dunquin (20km, ascent 370m)
Today is one of our favourite days of the walk. While the second half is moderately challenging, it is remarkably rewarding. The route takes you along the coast to Ventry where you walk along a great sweep of sands before climbing up along Slea Head and experiencing in our opinion one of the greatest views in Ireland. The Blasket Islands come into view as you begin your descent back towards the coast and the remote and strongly Irish speaking village of Dunquin. It doesn’t get much better than this.
Day Three: Dunquin to Ballycurrane (28km, ascent 100m)
In contrast with yesterday’s hike, today’s is relatively flat allowing time to visit the Blasket Island centre and Louis Mulcahys pottery as well as some of the great beaches and coves dotted along the coast. The route is along minor roads, boreens and a coastal path. It is an outstandingly scenic day and you can see some of the best beaches in the country. Tonight’s accommodation is at the foot of Mount Brandon, a location of religious significance for many Irish Catholics. We can arrange for this day to be shortened if required.
Day Four: Ballycurrane to Cloghane (21km, ascent 780m)
Today walk is the most challenging of the Dingle Way and in many ways it’s most rewarding. A steep ascent gives way to 360 degrees views of the Conor Pass, the roaring Atlantic Ocean, Slea Head, Dun naOr and Brandon Bay. We are still in awe every time we walk this section and memories of today’s scenery will stay with you for a long time. The descent brings you to the cosy hamlet of Cloghane located in the shores of Brandon Bay, with its charming guesthouse, restaurant and pub.
Day Five: Optional Brandon Beach Walk (10km, ascent 10m) and Departure
After breakfast you have the option of enjoying the Dingle Way along the longest beach in Ireland. The beach walk is 10km and takes about 2.5-3.5 hours to walk. Our driver will meet you at the end of the walk at Spillane's Pub and bring you onto your onward connection at either Tralee or Kerry Airport. If you wish to stay on the Dingle Peninsula for another night we would be delighted to arrange or recommend places to visit and stay.
Booking and Rates
The cost of the Dingle Way Five Day walking holiday is 575 euros per person sharing.
Additional nights can be arranged at Dingle, Dunquin or Cloghane.
Our driver can meet you at either Kerry Airport or at Tralee Train Station
Ask us if you need the price quoted in your own currency.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need any further information.