Four Days along The Dingle Way – The Gaeltacht from Dingle to Mount Brandon
- Three nights’ accommodation with private bathroom in charming guesthouses along the Dingle Way.
- Private transfer from either Kerry Airport or Tralee train or bus station to your first guesthouse.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Packed lunch for each days hike.
- Dinner on one evening
- We can cater for many dietary requirements (eg. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, no meat, no dairy).
- Luggage transfer between your guesthouse each day.
- Any pickups or transfers required during each days hike (eg. Poor weather, tiredness or injury).
- Use of cell phone with the best coverage on the Dingle Way to contact us at any time.
- A set of our latest laminated walking notes for your route.
- Weatherproof maps.
- Dingle Way guidebook.
- Use of walking poles if required.
- Private transfer on the final day from your guesthouse to either Kerry Airport or Tralee train or bus station.
- Recommendations on the best places to visit, eat and drink each day along the Dingle Way.
- Our full backup and support during your walking holiday.
Day One: Arrival and Dingle Loop Walk (9km, ascent 50m)
We’ll meet you at either Kerry Airport or Tralee Train Station and bring you to your first night’s accommodation in Dingle. Dingle, is one of the most beloved towns in Ireland. Set in a natural harbour this sheltered bay is blessed by the some of the best food, live music and artisan shops to be had in the west. Located in the Gaeltacht, (Irish is the first language here although everyone also speaks English), it offers a unique taste of old Ireland while also being a progressive artistic centre. Dingle is also a lively fishing village and there is also a thriving traditional music scene, with bands playing nightly in the local pubs. You can enjoy a local circular walk along Dingle Bay to stretch your legs before starting the Dingle Way proper tomorrow. Your guesthouse is within 5 minutes walk of all the village amenities.
Day Two: Dingle to Dunquin (20km, ascent 370m)
Today is one of our favourite days on the Dingle Way. While the second half is moderately challenging, it is remarkably rewarding. The route takes you along the coast to Ventry where you walk along a great sweep of sands before climbing up along Slea Head and experiencing in our opinion one of the greatest views in Ireland. The Blasket Islands come into view as you begin your descent back towards the coast and the remote and strongly Irish speaking village of Dunquin. It doesn’t get much better than this. Dinner is with your hosts in Dunquin this evening.
Day Three: Dunquin to Ballydavid (18km, ascent 100m)
In contrast with yesterday’s hike, today’s is relatively flat allowing time to visit the Blasket Island centre and Louis Mulcahys pottery as well as some of the great beaches and coves dotted along the coast. The route is along minor roads, boreens and a coastal path. It is an outstandingly scenic day and you can see some of the best beaches in the country. Tonight’s accommodation is at Ballydavid with its beautiful coastline on Smerwick Harbour.
Day Four: Ballydavid to Mount Brandon (10km, ascent 50m) and Departure
This morning you enjoy the next stage of Dingle Way which runs along the cliffs to Feonagh before turning inland towards magnificent Mount Brandon. Your half day walk finishes at the An Bothar Pub in Ballycurrane at the foot of Mount Brandon where you can enjoy a drink before we meet you and bring you back to either Tralee, Dingle or Kerry Airport.
Booking and Rates
The price for the trip is 475 euros per person sharing.
Please ask us if you need the price quoted in your own currency.
Additional nights can be arranged at either Dingle, Dunquin or Ballydavid.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need any further information.